I’ve seen a ton of posts lately about clean eating shopping lists, so I’ll share a few sites also (below.) It’s a great tool to have on hand when at the grocery store (which is best to go to when you aren’t hungry – I make that mistake all the time!) so I love that so many people are sharing their own versions.
Clean eating seems a lot more daunting than it is – it has always been a top “new year’s resolution” for people, but also one that seems to fizzle out. Healthy is a lifestyle so it takes commitment – but it is more than achievable, and if you want it, you can have it!
One of the best parts of seeing someone stick to their goals is when they start to feel “GREAT” again. Not only do they have more energy, and feel physically better…the “looking better” (whatever that means in their terms – more muscle, maybe more toned, fitting into a smaller size etc) gives them worlds more confidence, and often a smile to go with it. It’s awesome to see people feeling great in their own skin – everyone deserves that. ❤
But it is tricky sometimes, especially when it isn’t habit yet. In that case, it helps to remember a few things (no one should ever have to feel discouraged!):
- Little tweaks can make a BIG difference. You don’t have to overhaul everything!
- One derailment won’t cost you everything. Really, it won’t.
- Not buying it / having it at home is one of THE best ways to stay clean!
- Portion mindfulness, and allowing yourself to digest is huge (I focus on this a lot for myself)
- Meal prep can be a lifesaver
- Surrounding yourself with like-minded folks is incredibly helpful
- Be realistic. You don’t have to drop a crazy amount of weight quickly – slow and steady is healthier, and far more achievable
- Day at a time. Works no matter the problem!
Nothing feels as wonderful as being healthy – the results of taking care of yourself truly manifest in every aspect of your life. You don’t have to climb Everest either – little steps can add up to a LOT of success.
For a few helpful shopping lists:
Pop Sugar Week 1 Clean Eating Shopping List
Ambitious Kitchen Free (Printable) Clean Eating Grocery List
Clean Eating Grocery List For Beginners by The Gracious Pantry
Pinterest (there are a multitude here!)
Eat Clean Snacks! (look it up for even more…)
To a happy, and healthy New Year!