Life is fast-paced, and we don’t get to choose how long we get to enjoy it. As such, we are reminded that what we have truly is precious.
Still, it’s easy to see what isn’t working, and to be dragged down by the unsavory side of life. But what about all that good?! Whether our health, relationships, a roof over our heads, passions, friends, love – it goes on – I’m willing to bet your life is blessed in more ways than you can count. Maybe more than you have counted.
Having a thankful attitude allows us to fully embrace and enjoy our present – the people in our lives, the blessings we have, all the “little things” that make our lives brighter, richer, and worth living. (And it brings more of it our way. . .)
* Give compliments freely *
* Offer your help to someone in need *
* Smile at a stranger *
* Thank those who are there for you when they least expect it, and support them when they need it. Our bonds with others may be the very glue that keeps our lives together at times *
* Recognize the gifts you have, and the beauty you bring to the world…because you deserve your support too *
Stay thankful, stay grateful, and watch magic unfold…
We will all be going through a new moon in two days – yes, right on top of St. Patty’s (if that’s your thing.) While each day is an opportunity to let go of what isn’t serving us (self-deprecating beliefs, irrational ideas, hurtful attitudes, debilitating fears…whatever it may be!), a new moon is perfect timing. You don’t necessarily have to have witchiness in your blood, nor anything special beyond desire and willingness. It’s about delving deeply within ourselves and really “seeing” the whole picture…
Many of us are our own worst enemy. We all have flaws, fears, and insecurities – all of which are very real in our minds. As a human being it is not only expected that we will harbor these feelings…but it is also okay that we do. What matters is what we do with that information, with that honesty, and with our intention.
Focused intention – and a lot of self-love – is all you really need for the magic to unfold…
- Make a list of the things you don’t need to carry around in your mind and heart. Think about each one, and what it would be like to let it go…
- Then make a list of all the good things you are thankful for in your life, opening yourself to the possibility that more of it is coming your way
It’s a small exercise, but profound. And there’s really no better time than the present to recommit to taking care of you.
HAPPY NEW MOON! ❤
Kindness needs to start with YOU.
Being kind to others is nigh impossible if you have nothing positive to give yourself. . .
When you do find self-love, compassion, and appreciation. . .then you are like an inextinguishable candle that can light the world without losing in the process.
It’s okay if you aren’t there yet. I get reminders often that I’m being too tough on me. And I appreciate that, because it’s true. I’m so thankful and blessed, and I love to give…but I need to remember that the fuller I am, the more I have to offer.
The world needs more of it anyway – positivity is contagious, just like laughter. And who doesn’t want that?!