Love, love, LOVE this picture!
Unique Vintage’s Halloween Collection is absolutely adorable on every level…and totally my speed, as 50s fabulousness is concerned. ❤
The bat and web sweaters might be my favorite but when Hallows is involved, it’s awfully hard to choose…
I don’t do Valentine’s Day. I think the only time I sent Valentines out was when I was in lower school (so that’s third grade and below), frankly under duress. There was candy involved, though, so I would generally get what remained – nice incentive at that age!
I just don’t think anyone should feel obligated to do something nice, let alone nice AND sappy, just because the calendar says so – therein lies my distaste for what it’s become.
Funnily enough, though, a Facebook memory popped up of this (incredibly rare form!) photo. It was taken many moons ago, rather in defiance of the 14th, and very much with a mocking tone.
I do have a lot of friends in pin-up and vintage automotive photography so it was equally a (positive, in this case, however) nod to them.
I guess we all have skeletons, right? With red heart-shaped glasses and red lipstick, in my case!
Just because I adore her. . .
A couple of posts out there about this beautiful new Collection, Transformed!
The Lineup will include:
- Cantonese Carnation – warm rose
- Origami Orange – creamy orange
- Seoul-Ful – light, creamy pink
- Good Luck Mochi – rosy mid-tone pink
- Bonsai Bloom – cool nude-pink
- Flaming Lips – deep, creamy red
- Touché – light beige cream
- Glamorized – creamy, vibrant pink
- Rich Marrón – mid-tone nude cream
- Commotion – deep, cool plum cream
- Honesty – pewtered bronze (lustre)
- Brule – soft, creamy beige (satin)
- Woodwinked – warm antique gold (veluxe pearl)
- White Frost – vivid white with icy shimmer (frost)
- Knight Divine – black with silver pearl (veluxe pearl)
- Contrast – purplish-blue with blue pearl (velvet)
- Back In Vogue – peachy nude
- Red Jade – bright, creamy red
- Bengal Tiger – loud orange
- Mango Mango – soft peach coral
- Fuchsia Flicker – intense hot pink
- Slipper Orchid – bright plum
- Lady-Be-Good – warm mid-tone nude
- Fashion Legacy – intense fire truck red
- Oh, Lady – deep wine
- Bare Asset – medium beige
- Haute & Naughty Black – black
- LinerTop/Bottom – rich, smoky black
MAC lines up the launches like nobody’s business! In January, (11th) 2016, the company will be launching Retro Matte Lipcolors. Having been exposed to the Hot Rod arena for some years, I have a TON of friends this reminds me of – the scene is saturated with gorgeous pinup gals, and dapper dandies. The Retro Matte Collection definitely has that vintage flavor (the ad image with pea green playing cards and oversized sunglass frames help!)
For those who prefer timeless glamour to all-out flash, matte reigns supreme. M∙A∙C has created an innovation on this classic texture with 15 robustly saturated shades of Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour. Whether you choose the intense fire truck red of Fashion Legacy, the vivid fuchsia of Tailored to Tease or the tantalizing nude of Lady-Be-Good, all these lipcolours promise one thing: a big splash of colour in a liquid-suede finish that transforms lips instantly and lingers, impossible to forget.
The product will sell for $20.00 (USA) and will include the following colors:
- Fashion Legacy Intense fire truck red
- Feels So Grand Deep true red
- High Drama Deep dark plum
- Dance With Me Deep cranberry red
- Lady-Be-Good Warm mid-tone nude
- Tailored to Tease Bright fuchsia
- Oh, Lady Deep wine
- Recollection Intense bright violet
- Quite the Standout Bright orange-red
- To Matte with Love Bright raspberry
- Personal Statement Shocking pink
- Divine-Divine Light creamy pink
- Mademoiselle Bright creamy coral
- Back in Vogue Peachy nude
- Rich & Restless Mid-tone pinky salmon
The colors look bright in the photo, and it does indicated “saturated,” so I’m curious to see swatches. Loving the nude, peachy tones!