One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job in Fashion (though truly, there were many!) was attending various trend shows and seminars – we worked with a fabulous group of leather, synthetic, fabric, and print vendors…and met many new ones along the way.
Much of the time they came to us in the office, pulling a slew of gravid suitcases in tow, stuffed to the seams with the newest materials and leathers. But a few times a year, the Shows rolled around, giving us an opportunity to skip into NYC and browse hundreds of vendors we may not have seen otherwise – serious inspiration!
Some of the invitations are cropping up so in the event you are in the business and haven’t had an opportunity to attend, you didn’t get any literature as yet, or you are in NYC and have the time, some of these might be up your alley!
PRMIERE VISION NEW YORK – July 21 – 22, at Pier 92.
- This year will feature over 300 exhibitors, showing the latest and greatest in prints, fabrics, textile designs and accessories. You will see everything from hand-done to digital to screened designs, as well as one of a kind vintage pieces.
- There is a PV app, as it turns out (that would have been nice to have back in the day!) so you can stay up to date.
- The Trend Forecast for Autumn / Winter 2016 /17 includes “The Protective Shield Of Minimalism,” “Unique Roots,” and “Digital Surrealism” as the predominant themes. Times for July are not yet listed, though typically each day is filled with presentations. Keep in mind, they are not always the same each day.
- Other tools include the Fabric Forum, Color Wall, and Color Card.
- They may additionally run a Spring / Summer 2016 Highlights Seminar, though not sure of timing.
LINEAPELLE NEW YORK – July 21 – 22, Metropolitan Pavillion, 125th W. 18th Street
- Lineapelle showcases all things up and coming in leather, textiles and synthetics.
- The key Industries in attendance are Footwear, Handbags, Leathergoods and Leatherwear…but if you work with leather at all, it may be for you. The textures, colors, hands, patterns…it’s amazing! Many qualities are offered, so you can work with vendors to find the materials that will best suit your production needs (that said, it’s always hard to see the most expensive, drop-dead gorgeous skins and know you can’t necessarily use them!
- The Trendbook usually comes in the goody bags, and presentations are offered at 11 am and 2 pm on the 21st, and at 11 am on the 22nd.