The Micellar craze is proliferating the cleansing market at the moment… No longer is there one, coveted Micellar Water that you have to track down on eBay from France, but now there are countless variations based on skin types, as well as wipes…and now a gel wash…
I mean…I’m not sure you need all of these but if you do like the idea of double cleansing, these are at least designed to be more gentle on the skin. I have a ton of steps in my own routine and I can definitely see it in my almost 39 year-old visage! Also, as an athlete, I appreciate making sure all the grime is off (not so much makeup, but good ol’ sweat!)
Garnier’s SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Gel Wash comes in a mattifying version, and one for sensitive skin (I can’t quite make it out on beautybible’s page, but Yaalia.com has a review…)
These aren’t the same as the Cleansing Waters in the USA, and if you are a die-hard fan, you can snag it at Boots in the UK (or you might try eBay, which always seems to have the overseas goodies!)
Cleanliness isn’t necessarily godliness but…it certainly is appreciated by others AND by your skin. So long as you are gentle, a few steps in cleansing can be a wonderful thing…
Marc Jacobs new Collector’s Edition – launching for Fall – embraces blackness unabashedly. Black in and of itself is so deliciously dauntless one might even say “THE” blackness. Ahhh….How gloriously gothic of you, Mr. Jacobs…and in ample time for my favorite day! (#halloween, don’t forget it! 😉 )
The Collection includes:
- Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Blacquer
- Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Taboo
- Epic Noir Mascara & Gel Eyeliner Collector’s Edition Set
It isn’t for the shy, for sure, but rather those who can go boldly withOUT batting a lash… I personally think it’s brilliant that cosmetic companies aren’t automatically eschewing the less traditionally “wearable.” Women are more fearless in this day and age, and it isn’t only the Manic Panics of the World who should feel free enough to offer such intrepid shades.
My Pagan heart adores you, Marc. I like your brazen nerve!
New jazz from Maybelline that wasn’t supposed to be out quite yet…but that IS. Ballroom dancers rejoice – less need to wear the falsies (which I couldn’t STAND!)
The Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara promises to sweep your flutter to the side, giving a lifted, winged effect – how pinup and fabulous!
Maybelline’s Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer is hopping on the heels of the brow building trend, not only adding color, but filling out sparse areas with its fiber-infused gel formula.
I passed by this review on ChicProfile and loved the look of these two polishes! Off course I adore black but some don’t come out quite as beautifully as this one!
Kinetics Jet Black has a gorgeous, glossy opacity and is a true, non-blue black. L ❤ VE. It’s inky and divine on its own, though (as ChicProfile shows) it can also be fun with a glittering topcoat.
I happen to love Goldy because it really concentrated – there is nothing more annoying than buying a glitter lacquer that has nary a speck on the brush when you go to use it! (I’m exaggerating, but you know what I mean – some “glitters” are totally watered down, making for a very sparse coat…or a multitude of them in effort to get the effect!) Goldy is nicely packed with a solid dose of large hexagonal glitter, and teeny, tiny spots.
On the two polishes are beautiful. A little bit punk, definitely fashion forward, and fun for winter!
Thrilled to see this product! Why? You have a favorite lippie and the brand hasn’t jumped on the matte train…but you want to try the trend! 🙂
Smashbox’s Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer is an easy-to-use gel that takes your pout from satin or shine to matte and velvety. Instantly.
While it isn’t necessarily the first of its kind, it is a wonderful tool for anyone wanting to try something new, or alter texture for whatever reason. This particular item was created to minimize the number of lipsticks Smashbox’s pro makeup artists had to haul around (double the products, or a tube of gel!? Hmmm…) The formula is non-chalky, and also improves the wear of your lip product without feathering.
Check out the video on Sephora.com for more details. 🙂
You may have seen some coverage of this already – as with her Collections in general, Bobbi Brown‘s “Glow” is a very natural and radiant selection of products. I find that Bobbie never ventures too far out of that scope, which I have always really loved about her – the Collections are extremely easy to wear and translate incredibly well for daytime, as much as elements can be used to further enhance for evening. “Enhance” is a word I like to use for the brand because I have always felt like her color schemes do just that – never over the top, just us with a little boost!
The Glow Collection for Spring 2016 is in department stores this month, and can be found on her site already.
Long-Wear Gel Sparkle
Sheer, multi-dimensional sparkle plus all day wear make this creamy formula the ultimate eye-opening shadow. Lighter shades are perfect for highlighting under the brow bone and at the inner corner of the eye—wherever you want a touch of luminosity.
- Brown Metal – light grey brown with a beautiful blend of sparkle and pearl
- Goldstone – gold shade with a beautiful blend of sparkle and pearl
- Opal – white highlighter shade with beautiful sparkle and pearls
- Pink Oyster – pink shade with a beautiful blend of sparkle and pearl
- Silver Heather – light lilac shade with beautiful sparkle and pearls
You asked, we listened—our cult-favorite Highlighting Powder is back. This high-impact, light-reflective powder gives skin shimmering pink highlights and is ideal for strobing. Plus, it’s housed in a sleek, mirrored compact, so you can take your glow to go.
- Pink Glow – bronze and silver
- Bronze Glow – golden bronze
Extra Lip Tint
Lightweight, sheer and ultra-moisturizing, our Extra Lip Tint has all the benefits of your go-to balm, plus a just-bitten pink stain that brings out the best in lips. Our favorite part? The subtle stain blends in with your natural lip color, so it’s instantly your perfect shade (and everyone else’s, too).
Elf seems to keep the skincare coming!
The brand has just rolled out five new products including:
- Hydrating Gel Melt Cleanser
- Cleansing Duo Face Brush
- Pore Refining Brush and Mask Tool
- Bubble Mask
- Facial Massager
I can’t help but see the distinctly Asian influence here – frankly with all five products! In my mind, that’s a wonderful thing – the Asian market is always innovating, bringing to market new and exciting ideas.
Prices here range from $4.00 to $24.00, so you are looking at more mass market pricing than the back-in-the-day-everything-for-$1. That said, I wouldn’t necessarily trust a mask that cost only $1.00 so I’m not really complaining! *LOL*
Thoughts on the new goodies? Have you tried any of the other new skincare pieces?
There are TONS of new products hitting mass market stores right now – I have seen some of these myself already. In addition to the below, I also saw new haircare from Garnier – strengthening shampoo and conditioner, as well as a color treatment which I saw a photo of recently. So more is definitely coming!
The below photos are all from BudgetBeautyBlog, so I am attributing them there – I always seem to forget my camera so many thanks for sharing your images online! As I mentioned, I have only seen some of these products (such as the Micellar Water) so far, but they are rolling in steadily. Some of what I am seeing reminds me of existing products in the existing Garner lineups, so I’m curious about how these are different.
The newbies, under the SkinActive umbrella, are:
- Clearly Brighter Overnight Leave-On Peel
- Clearly Brighter Dark Spot Corrector
- Moisture Rescue Actively Hydrating Daily Lotion
- Micella Cleansing Water (2 formulas)
- Clean Purifying Cleansing Wipes
- Clean Pore Purifying 2-in-1 Clay Cleanser and Mask
- Clean Shine Control Cleansing Gel
- Miracle Anti-Fatigue Wake-Up Hydra-Gel Moisturizer
- Miracle Anti-Fatigue Sleeping Cream
- Miracle Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel Cream
On and on I go about Asian skincare…!
A great new set has popped up at Sephora – Soko to Tokyo – featuring “the hottest beauty brands from South Korea to Japan.” I’m excited!!!
The set retails for $40 – remarkable value, given it’s $115 price tag! It includes:
- 0.5 oz Erborian Crème Scrub Beautifying Exfoliating Pearls
- 0.2 oz Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel
- 1 oz Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel
- 1 oz SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
- 0.68 oz Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask
- 0.34 oz Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
- 0.2 oz Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
- 0.17 oz Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
There’s a lengthy description on Sephora’s site about the eight goodies… I’m copying and pasting for reference, but I’m also breaking it up by product (because it’s a sizable chunk of text and…who has time!? 😉 ) I’ve highlighted each product as well to make it easier:
- Cleanse with Erborian’s Crème Scrub, a gentle daily cleanser featuring a soothing complex of seven Korean herbs and micropearls for skin that appears visibly clearer, smoother, and more luminous.
- Exfoliate and brighten with Amore Pacific’s Treatment Enzyme Peel, a highly effective, botanical-based brightening exfoliator made without harsh ingredients.
- Boost all your skincare steps with Boscia’s Exfoliating Peel Gel, a lightweight peeling gel that delivers gentle exfoliation for deeper, more thorough cleansing results.
- Follow up with SK-II’s cult-classic Facial Treatment Essence, a refreshing essence that moisturizes the skin and supports skin cell renewal.
- Skin Inc’s Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask is a unique sleep-in transparent gel mask that hydrates, clarifies, and brightens skin, all in a single step.
- Add weightless hydration with Belif’s The True Cream Aqua Bomb, a gel-cream that ‘floods’ the skin with a rush of refreshing moisture, or Dr. Jart’s lightweight Ceramidin™ Cream, a time-release moisturizer that plumps the skin and hydrates the skin barrier from within.
- Top it all off with Dr. Jart’s Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45, a one-step balm that perfects the appearance of skin while protecting it from the sun and environmental factors.
Thanks to ReallyRee for posting some photos and swatches of this Holiday Collection from Bobbie Brown. I’ve always loved Bobbi’s colors and understated glam – somehow she managed luxurious without being heavy-handed.
This Collection, ode to the celestial night sky, pairs jewel tones with shimmering touches for looks that lean to evening hours.
Sterling Nights’ rather sizable offering includes:
- 3 Limited edition, liquid Face Highlighters
- Sunlight Bronze
- 2 Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner
- 4 Sequin Eyeshadows
- Moon Rock
- 1 Sterling Nights Eyeshadow Palette
- 9 Shades, including shimmer, metallic and matte:
- Moon Glow Shimmer
- Thistle Metallic
- Dove Grey
- Pink Moonlight Metallic
- Smoke Shimmer
- Midnight Sparkle
- Pewter Chrome
As always, excited to see swatches, as it is sometimes tricky to tell from a pan…or a photo! I personally think the Collection is lovely – it could work for a really fancy evening out, or something more low-key (yay for palettes with variety!)