I always get excited when I hear US retailers are expanding their overseas brands – especially stores like Target, which tend to be EVERYwhere (and therefore more easily accessible.)
I’ve been droning on about the benefits of Asian skincare for – literally – decades. I wrote a thesis surrounding the topic back in 1999, to “date” myself. It wasn’t until the last two years or so that I’ve really seen it take off…but I can assure you, I’m THRILLED, as it makes tracking such products down a LOT easier.
You can certainly find your share at Ulta (for another major retailer) and I’ve seen Asian concepts rolling out from US and European brands at mass market retailers, such as CVS and Walgreens – so the types of products (think sheet masks, cushions, essence waters etc) have become more available to the masses in general. But to have actual Asian brands carried in the US is an awesome affair.
Musingsofamuse posted here to mention a few of the items hitting shelves later this month. Mizon is an incredibly well-featured brand (for good reason too – the products live up to the hype!) so I’m pretty psyched to see it among the ranks. She’s provided the following list (which you can see by clicking her link in the text above as well) along with mention of Peach & Lily founder Alicia Yoon, responsible for this roll-out:
- Aprilskin Deep Cleaning Facial Cleanser $7
- Ariul Sheet Mask Skin Texture Improvement Facial Mask Treatment $20
- Caolion Cream Deep Cleaning Facial Mask Treatment $26
- Caolion Cream Pore Minimizing Facial Mask Treatment $20
- Caolion Cream Skin Texture Improvement Facial Mask Treatment $23
- Caolion Stick Moisturizing Facial Moisturizer $16
- Lagom Gel Basic Cleansing Facial Cleanser $17
- Lagom Spray Skin Texture Improvement Facial Tone $21
- Mizon Snail Repair Eye $22
- Mizon Snail Repair Cream $38
- Mizon Face Masks $3.50 Each
- Twenty Four Seven Cosmetic Highlighter White $22
- Twenty Four Seven Lipstick Medium $29
I look forward to seeing these in-store in the next few weeks. Definitely refreshing…and incredibly good for your beau. And that’s the thing, really…the sooner in life you start, the better off you are. In skincare – as with many things – preventative and proactive care is the BEST kind.