Marc Jacobs new Collector’s Edition – launching for Fall – embraces blackness unabashedly. Black in and of itself is so deliciously dauntless one might even say “THE” blackness. Ahhh….How gloriously gothic of you, Mr. Jacobs…and in ample time for my favorite day! (#halloween, don’t forget it! 😉 )
The Collection includes:
- Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Blacquer
- Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Taboo
- Epic Noir Mascara & Gel Eyeliner Collector’s Edition Set
It isn’t for the shy, for sure, but rather those who can go boldly withOUT batting a lash… I personally think it’s brilliant that cosmetic companies aren’t automatically eschewing the less traditionally “wearable.” Women are more fearless in this day and age, and it isn’t only the Manic Panics of the World who should feel free enough to offer such intrepid shades.
My Pagan heart adores you, Marc. I like your brazen nerve!
More glow-getters on the horizon, this time from cosmetic giant, Estee Lauder. Genuine Glow Summer 2016 Collection includes five super-star, radiance-delivering products:
What I love about these products is that they are ageless – they can work beautifully for someone in their 20’s as much as someone in her 50’s – they are designed to give a natural illumination to the complexion with subtle, flushed color.
There’s no over-doing here, no mask-like finish, or real ability to be too heavy-handed in the first place. Hallelujah!
In my own mind the goal of any color cosmetic (shy of ballroom / skating / theater performance (etc) OR your wedding (mine’s soon! ❤ ) / night out (etc)) is to enhance. Not hide.
Yes, you ARE gorgeous enough to go without makeup! But for days when you might need an extra boost – just enough to give your bright eyes the spotlight (as opposed to sleepless undeyes or lackluster skin!) – these hydrating, priming, and brightening products can help.
Chicprofile shares more details here (haven’t seen all online as yet, but those with links are above. 🙂 )
On and on I go about Asian skincare…!
A great new set has popped up at Sephora – Soko to Tokyo – featuring “the hottest beauty brands from South Korea to Japan.” I’m excited!!!
The set retails for $40 – remarkable value, given it’s $115 price tag! It includes:
- 0.5 oz Erborian Crème Scrub Beautifying Exfoliating Pearls
- 0.2 oz Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel
- 1 oz Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel
- 1 oz SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
- 0.68 oz Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask
- 0.34 oz Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
- 0.2 oz Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
- 0.17 oz Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
There’s a lengthy description on Sephora’s site about the eight goodies… I’m copying and pasting for reference, but I’m also breaking it up by product (because it’s a sizable chunk of text and…who has time!? 😉 ) I’ve highlighted each product as well to make it easier:
- Cleanse with Erborian’s Crème Scrub, a gentle daily cleanser featuring a soothing complex of seven Korean herbs and micropearls for skin that appears visibly clearer, smoother, and more luminous.
- Exfoliate and brighten with Amore Pacific’s Treatment Enzyme Peel, a highly effective, botanical-based brightening exfoliator made without harsh ingredients.
- Boost all your skincare steps with Boscia’s Exfoliating Peel Gel, a lightweight peeling gel that delivers gentle exfoliation for deeper, more thorough cleansing results.
- Follow up with SK-II’s cult-classic Facial Treatment Essence, a refreshing essence that moisturizes the skin and supports skin cell renewal.
- Skin Inc’s Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask is a unique sleep-in transparent gel mask that hydrates, clarifies, and brightens skin, all in a single step.
- Add weightless hydration with Belif’s The True Cream Aqua Bomb, a gel-cream that ‘floods’ the skin with a rush of refreshing moisture, or Dr. Jart’s lightweight Ceramidin™ Cream, a time-release moisturizer that plumps the skin and hydrates the skin barrier from within.
- Top it all off with Dr. Jart’s Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45, a one-step balm that perfects the appearance of skin while protecting it from the sun and environmental factors.
SO EXCITED!!! I L ❤ VE matte highlighters!
Sounds like an oxymoron, almost but it isn’t… Matte highlighters are PERFECT for brightening the face and eyes…and knowing how successful Benefit has been in the past (they have so many fabulous products) this is really exciting!
Benefit’s new Shy Beam is included in the Operation Pore Kit, currently, but I am SURE this will be coming out on its own. Smart move on the company’s part to sneak it in there! It’s a lovely peachy pink cream… ❤
I have the High Brow Pencil in the matte version, and it sounds like this is of the same ilk. If it is, it will be sleep in a bottle, basically…and I can’t wait!
I guess it was only a matter of time before Dior launched their own chubby cheek stick! I am super thrilled because Dior boasts some super high-quality cosmetics (so I have personally found, anyway!)
Diorblush Cheek Stick Velvet Colour Creme Blush comes in three juicy shades, each at $34:
- 675 – Cosmopolite Coral
- 765 – Cosmopolite Rosewood
- 845 – Cosmopolite Pink
“Diorblush Cheek Stick is a new blush in a hybrid stick format for intuitive makeup application on the go. It blends softly and seamlessly with your skin for a delicate powdery finish that can be intensified to suit your desire. Its texture is ultra-pigmented, powdery and creamy.”
I actually prefer sheerer formulas because it’s harder to be heavy-handed…but I will definitely check them out instore because I J’ADORE Dior! 🙂