I’ve got about 12 piercings, and all but one are white gold – why? Silver tarnishes for me! Frustrating! I don’t mind surgical steel, but I do just as well with gold, from a tolerance standpoint…and why not go “precious” with the body jewelry anyway? If you’d buy a gold ring, there’s no difference! 😉 (So says moi!)
Plated jewelry will erode far too quickly for me, so that isn’t even an option (despite that the style assortment is much broader.) I am not as big into yellow gold for my skin tone, so white 14K is my go to.
My favorite store, hands down, is Fresh Trends. I found them YEARS ago when I was on the hunt for straight, white gold barbells with cz. Why are they so awesome?
- They offer diamonds and precious stones, which I think is AMAZING (it’s not as easy to find, honestly.) They would be a gorgeous gift for someone, or for oneself, so if you can do it…GO FOR IT! 😀
- There are gold with cz stone options (clear and colored gems), which are equally as beautiful…
- FT offers a selection of gold colors – hallelujah! NOT common. At all!
- The jewelry holds up extremely well (just make sure to clean them!)
- FT has a good variety of gold jewelry, whereas other stores don’t often has as many with gems
I found that this site also happens to be more affordable than other body jewelry sites – gold won’t be in the same range as the surgical steel or sterling, but they are pretty fair.
The other awesome part is that there is a full range of gauge and length choices – FINALLY! Not all body jewelry sites offer the same kind of selection.
All that aside, if you do have piercings at all, they run sales often enough, so it’s worth subscribing to the newsletter. (This discount is CURRENT! 🙂 )
I’m not really girlie-girl, as that goes, but I sure as all HELL love my bling. And no…no one is sponsoring this (wouldn’t THAT be nice!?) I am just sharing a site that I personally use and love.