Zoya has some newbies for Holiday 2015 – the Velvet Matte Collection! I think the colors are wonderful for holiday, actually…
There are six shades in total, but somehow (at least in my mind!) the six manage to cover festive Christmas decorations, snow, trees, sugar plums..the gamut! Look at the array below and tell me I’m not bonkers!
- Aspen– Sparkling artic white with micronized diamond pearl fleck
- Sue – Soft champagne gold with multi-hued oyster shell pearl fleck
- Amal – Classic crimson red ruby red pearl fleck
- Iris – Deep amethyst with fuchsia pearl fleck
- Yves – Deep sapphire with a blue pearl fleck
- Honor – True emerald green with tone on tone emerald pearl fleck
I’m not always as into the “velvet” polishes (much that I love the material!) But these don’t look as flat and / or drab as I’ve seen – they look quite pretty! The texture makes for an unexpected twist.
If you don’t want to go totally matte, dab a bit of glossy topcoat here or there, in a stripe or dot, or in a fade…to add a bit of additional flare! 🙂